If you do not like watching videos then keep on reading because today, I am sharing with you my updated honest review on the BABYBJÖRN Carrier Free, the carrier we have been using four our baby since he was born until now that he is seven months old.
This blog is not sponsored by BABYBJÖRN, I just want to share all I can about my experience with this carrier, how to use it and some Pros & Cons.
Their website offers paying through After Pay which allows you to do four easy installments of about $40.
KEY FEATURES & PROS
This means it is designed to minimize physical discomfort. My husband and I have found this to be true for both parent and child.
PARENT: The carrier features back support, a waist belt and padded shoulder straps. However, if you are carrying baby for a long period of time like about two hours and haven’t brought awareness to your own posture, then you will start to feel discomfort in your back… depending on where you are not engaging.
BABY: This carrier is also ergonomic for baby and provides the correct support for their back, legs and hips. The width of the seat area is adjustable so you are able to make sure baby sits comfortably. I like that this carrier has been classified as “hip-healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute, provided you use it according to the instructions.You can also adjust the head and neck support to suit your baby perfectly.
The BABYBJÖRN Carrier Free is simple to put on and take off, and the two-part design makes it easy to lift out your baby even if he or she is sleeping.
The material they call 3D mesh which is made of 100% polyester, is super soft, flexible and promotes a lot of air flow. One of my favorite things as a dog owner is that it does not attract dog hair at all. It seems to repel dust and lint as well. So, even after multiple uses and placing this carrier basically wherever, it still looks super new and clean and retains its shape even after washing!
You can use this carrier for babies 7 lbs up to 26 lbs or 21 to 33inches long… which means you can use it for your newborn till your child is about 15 months! Which is what I was looking for because I do not want to be buying multiple carriers for when baby is no longer a newborn. No extra infant insert is needed. It also has leg straps to reduce the size of the leg opening which are perfect for newborns. They suggest to use this for babies between 7 and 9 lbs.
Carrying Face Out
I love this feature as well. I think it is super fun to be able to do house chores and have our Baby Bear be able to join me! But please remember that your child has to be at least 5 to 6 months old and is able to hold his head up independently.
- I personally love BABYBJÖRN’s minimalistic, no fuss Swedish design and the quality of the material is so superior. They feel soft and gentle against your baby’s skin.
- Speaking of material.. All materials that come in contact with your child’s skin meet the requirements of OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 which means these materials are super safe for baby to taste and don’t require washing before use.
- Made in Sweden.
- Have been developed in cooperation with medical specialists.
- Tested and safe according to European and American safety standards
- Machine washable and quick-drying..
- BABYBJÖRN also sells accessories that go with the carrier free: teething pads for the side which you would use when baby is facing in, a bib for when baby is facing out, and even a windproof cover to keep baby warm.
- If you are looking to carry your child on your back, this carrier is not for you. BABYBJÖRN recommends other of their carriers for this such as the Baby Carrier One, Baby Carrier One Air, or Baby Carrier Harmony
- Teething pads do not stay in place well when not in use. When we hang the carrier with the pads they have fallen out. They also have fallen out while trying to wear the carrier with pads on.
- I ended up sewing the tags because they would stick out, and it was kind of annoying and I didn’t like the look of it, but not a deal breaker.
- Unlike other carriers, this one does not have a pocket for your stuff. Although this Con also did not bother me because I did not want to many bells and whistles with my carrier.
YES, the BABYBJÖRN Carrier Free is worth it!!!
We love this carrier so much, that I went and got a second one in the color Anthracite which I gifted to my husband on our anniversary, so we no longer had to readjust the size to our bodies when we both used one carrier.
WHO IS THIS PRODUCT FOR
If you are looking for a high quality, minimalist, easy to use and ergonomic carrier, then the BABYBJÖRN Carrier Free is for you!
Among all the carriers BABYBJÖRN has to offer, we picked the model Free because of the design of the back support, as well as its more friendly price. We didn’t mind that the age range was not so wide just because we do not plan on carrying our baby this way when he is 2-3 years old. I feel like that weight is just a lot to carry for me in general. Also, we do not mind that we are not able to carry our baby on our backs with the carrier since we are not hikers or outdoor explorers where this feature could come in handy.
Let me know your thoughts on the BABYBJÖRN Carrier Free in the comment section below!
DISCLAIMERS. This blog is solely an expression and documentation of MY journey as a new mom.
Cliché as it may be: our baby is different from your baby— all babies are different. My journey as a woman, wife & mother is different from yours— we are all different. My partnership with my baby looks different from your partnership— because surprise surprise, things are just different. I do not claim to be an expert in motherhood or being a wife. These are all my opinions, my own research and my own journey.
It is my hope that this blog helps you navigate yours a little bit easier.
This blog contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. There is no additional cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows me to help support my family too!